On our way through the fantastic Highway 1 in California, we made a one night stop at Santa Barbara. This beautiful little laid-back town, located between San Francisco and Los Angeles, is perfect for a quiet and romantic getaway. I enjoyed walking around the historic center, visiting the Old Mission and the pier. Santa Barbara’s unique and unified architecture makes it a picturesque and beautiful place!
Santa Barbara travel tips
– Book a night at Lemon Tree Inn and enjoy their pool!
– Don’t miss the icon of Santa Barbara, the Old Mission Santa Barbara. Founded in 1786, the beautiful Old Mission Santa Barbara, is also known as the Queen of the Missions and it’s truly a wonderful place to see.
– Walk around State Street, a long street full of shops, cafés, restaurants and palmtrees. Leading you right into Santa Barbara’s historic downtown towards the sea.
– Have dinner at Bucatini, a really nice Italian restaurant with a lovely terrace.
– Enjoy the sunset over Santa Barbara from the pier.
– For groceries go to Whole Foods Market.