I’m back from a great roadtrip through the West Coast, as some might have noticed on my Instagram. It all started in the City of Los Angeles. We had a (suite)room at a great motel and explored the city for three days. Not long enough for the many possibilities this city has to offer, but we did manage to see a bunch of things. Check my photo diary and read my travel tips for some inspiration!
Los Angeles travel tips
- Travelling with a rent car in Los Angeles is the best but do book a hotel with free parking lot. We stayed at the motel Super 8 Culver City, which was great value for money!
- For parking spots in Los Angeles check parkopedia.com in advance. I found this to be very useful.
– Stroll down the Venice Canals and enjoy their calm and beauty.
– For dinner try the restaurants at Abbot Kinney Blvd (best place to shop, eat and drink in Venice Beach). We specially enjoyed our pizza from Gjelina!
– Rent a bike and cruise from Pacific Avenue to Santa Monica Pier.
– Enjoy the sunsets at the beach, specially from the Santa Monica Pier and Palisades Park.
– Drive to Malibu beach and take the Pacific Coast Hwy 1. Make a stop at Neptune’s Net and enjoy their fish taco’s!
– Use the drive-through from burger joint In-N-Out, and have your burger in the American way.
– Don’t miss the Getty Museum: free entrance, large art collection, lovely gardens and amazing views over the city of LA! Go to this museum early in the morning to avoid the crowds.
– Great photo spot of the Hollywood sign is to be found at 3116 Canyon Lake Dr, next to Lake Hollywood Park.
– More glamour is to be found around the Beverly Hills Hotel and Beverly Hills. I specially liked the Beverly Hills Civic Center, where there’s a Farmers Market every Sunday.
– Go to El Pueblo to see the birthplace of Los Angeles. We stumpled here upon a Mexican fiesta, which was great to see. Also take the free tour to the house of the Avila Adobe house where you can learn about Los Angeles’ Spanish and Mexican heritage. Walk around the Olvera Street and its Mexican marketplace.